Habitat for Humanity of Westchester
Habitat for Humanity of Westchester is looking for an intern interested in learning all aspects of the public relations field. The intern who fills this position should expect to learn the field from top to bottom. It’s essential that applicants to this position have excellent communication skills, demonstrate creativity, and attention to even the smallest detail.
Habitat for Humanity of Westchester is an independent affiliate of Habitat for Humanity International. We are a nonprofit, ecumenical Christian organization dedicated to affordable shelter a matter of conscience and action. Habitat is founded on the conviction that every man, women, and child should have a simple, decent, affordable place to live in dignity and safety. Habitat for Humanity of Westchester is an independent 501 © 3 organization affiliated with Habitat for Humanity International.
HFHWC is looking for a qualified intern to join our team. This intern should be prepared to work in a fast-paced team environment, and will finish the internship having gained broad experience in various aspects of marketing. Responsible for coordinating events, including planning menus, booking musicians, putting up decorations, ordering flowers, hiring bartenders, and ensuring the event runs smoothly.
- Coordinate details of events such as conferences, weddings, birthdays, anniversaries, charity events, surprise parties, trade shows, sales meetings, business meetings, employee appreciation events and virtual events.
- Calculate budgets and ensure they are adhered to.
- Book talent, including musicians, bands, and disc jockeys.
- Select chefs or catering companies to prepare food for event.
- Sample food and select dishes for menus.
- Visit venue to plan layout of seating and decorations.
- Schedule speakers, vendors, and participants.
- Coordinate and monitor event timelines and ensure deadlines are met.
- Initiates, coordinates and/or participates in all efforts to publicize event.
- Edit and design promotional materials.
- Prepare presentations.
- Develop and oversee fundraising events.
- Negotiate and secure event space.
- Secure sponsorships.
- Work with printer and designer to develop event invitations.
- Create invitee list.
- Send out invitations and manage RSVP list.
- Hire staff to manage the event, including bouncers and security personnel.
- Manage correspondence.
- Coordinate event logistics, including registration and attendee tracking, presentation and materials support and pre- and post-event evaluations.
- Keep inventory of backdrops, projectors, computers, and other display materials.
This person should have excellent verbal and written communication skills, with extensive knowledge of Web and social media. PowerPoint, Word and Excel experience is a bonus, and will be considered when choosing the best applicant for this internship position.
Please email you resume to Jim@habitatwc.org