The Minga Foundation
The Minga Foundation partners with individuals and community-based organizations in underserved communities to improve socioeconomic conditions and health equity. Through collaborative and respectful partnerships, we build capacity, create and strengthen networks, and provide resources based on locally-identified needs. Our goal is to empower those seeking a healthier future for their communities.
We envision a world where all communities are able to improve their own health and wellbeing.
The Minga Foundation supports community-based and locally-driven efforts. Based on our experience and values as an organization, we hold the following beliefs about working with communities to help them achieve their goals:
- All individuals have the right to reach their full human potential.
- We all share a moral responsibility to create an equitable and just world.
- Partnerships based on trust, respect and transparency are essential for responsible development work.
- Mutual enrichment and growth is an essential part of international relationships.
- Communities should identify and address their own needs.
- Individuals and communities can generate powerful social change.
- We must give voice to traditionally underrepresented members of our partner communities.