Planned Parenthood of Central North Carolina, Inc.
Planned Parenthood of Central North Carolina believes in the fundamental right of each individual to control his or her sexuality and reproductive life, regardless of the individual’s race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, physical ability, socioeconomic status, marital status, place of residence or any other dimension of diversity.
We believe that reproductive health care must be voluntary and is based on the individual's right to privacy. We further believe that reproductive self-determination will contribute to social equality, strong family relationships, population stability, and an enhanced quality of life.
We believe that respect and value for diversity in all aspects of our organization are essential to our well-being.
Based on these beliefs, the mission of Planned Parenthood of Central North Carolina is to proactively ensure comprehensive reproductive health care by:
- providing comprehensive reproductive health care services in settings which preserve and protect the individual's right to privacy and reproductive choice;
- advocating public policies which advance these rights and expand access to such services;
- providing educational programming that fosters a culture of healthy sexuality;
- working with and meeting the needs of diverse communities and the underserved;
- leading broad-based strategies that further these fundamental rights.