Friends of Orphans and Vulnerable Children (FOVC)
Friends of Orphans and Vulnerable Children (FOVC)is a non-profit, non-governmental and non-political humanitarian organization dedicated to bringing hope, love and dignity to the most vulnerable people in Ethiopia.
FOVC envisions a future where children and women in Ethiopia live health, happy and productive live.
FOVC’s mission is to educate and support vulnerable children and empower marginalized women in Ethiopia, so that they can overcome poverty and lead dignified, healthy, happy, and productive lives, by,
- Providing vulnerable children with a holistic, all in one package service which is basic, necessary and important for the child to survive, thrive and succeed in life.
- Empowering single mothers (widows) headed households providing them with trade skills trainings and small funds (seed moneys) to start small business, providing improved seeds, modern land fertilizers and farming skills trainings, and providing poultry, small ruminants and livestock development skills trainings.
- Equipping marginalized girls with academic, vocational and life skills trainings in order to help them succeed in their lives and make a difference in the lives of their family.
- Increasing access to clean water, improving sanitation facilities, and improving environmental and personal hygiene of the children, women and community.
- Building and maintain organizational capacity to deliver quality serves and management expertise.