The Center for International Stabilization and Recovery
CISR envisions a world where people can build peaceful and prosperous futures free from the repercussions of conflict and disaster.
Every day, we work around the world with post-conflict communities to promote recovery, rebuilding and resilience. For nearly two decades, the staff and network of experts at the Center for International Stabilization and Recovery at James Madison University (JMU) have served practitioners and those affected by conflict and trauma through countless personal exchanges, publications, conferences and trainings. CISR provides innovative and reliable programs and information, including our internationall regarded publications, management training courses, mine risk education, disability rights resources and peer-support programming.
- The Journal of Conventional Weapons Destruction
- To Walk the Earth in Safety
- Frasure-Kruzel-Drew Memorial Fellowship
- Peer support and victim assistance programs
- Management training courses
- Mine risk education
- Disability rights and capacity building