Open Connections, Inc.
- Newtown Square
1616 Delchester Road
Open Connections is an educational resource center for young people ages 4-18.
The OC Vision
A world where all young people develop the foundation for a self-directed life of purpose and fulfillment.
The OC Mission
Our mission is to help young people and adults develop the tools needed to create the life they want, full of purpose and fulfillment. We do this in two ways:
1. by providing an Open Education environment (the Open Connections Village) which fosters the guiding principles of Respect, Freedom, Responsibility and Natural Learning
2. by working with others who share our principles and values in order to tip the balance from the traditional model of compulsory instruction over to a more organic, learner-directed approach based on self-motivation and the creative process
- Respect—for oneself, others and the environment
- Freedom—to learn and create
- Responsibility—supporting the foundation of a nurturing and positive social, physical and intellectual environment
- Natural Learning—the belief that all people have an innate desire to learn, grow, communicate, nurture and create
- Process Consciousness—paying attention to the way we do or say something so that the effects serve our highest goals and intentions
- Creative Process—the way we move from the present to a desired future state, using various tools to build on current reality in order to achieve a chosen goal
- Conceptual Development—the process of understanding, achieved by figuring things out, rather than rote memorization of answers and techniques
- Collaboration—working with others synergistically, with the belief that none of us is as smart as all of us
- Real Work—work that is done for its own sake, rather than “busy work”
This combination of values guides the Open Connections Process.
Do you work for Open Connections, Inc.? Become an administrator