The mission of USGBC Louisiana is to transform the way buildings and communities are designed, built and operated, enabling an environmentally and socially responsible, healthy, and prosperous environment that improves the quality of life.
USGBC Louisiana exists to support, promote and advance:
- The development of a healthy, sustainable and environmentally responsible infrastructure in all Louisiana communities;
- Public and private investment in sustainable design, construction and modernization of new and existing buildings, facilities and systems in Louisiana;
- The formation, growth and survival of Louisiana companies integral to the green-built environment; and
- Promote professional and workforce education and training to secure a top competitive position for Louisiana in the green economy.
USGBC Louisiana programs, activities and initiatives are intended to:
- Educate Louisiana citizens, businesses and policy makers of the health, economic and environmental benefits of sustainable design, construction and development;
- Advocate for the advancement and support of sustainable initiatives in Louisiana;
- Provide and promote educational courses, events and training for Louisiana citizens, including professionals, workers and policy makers, concerning sustainable concepts and practices to make Louisiana a top regional and national competitor in the green economy; and
- Form partnerships and relationships with public and private entities and organizations to support the growth of sustainable development, design and construction to transform Louisiana’s infrastructure by reducing waste, increasing efficiency and reducing the impact of growth on Louisiana’s natural resources.