An International Civil Society Organization (ICSO) to catalyze sustainable long-term systemic change in culture, education, health & environment, economics and research for the advancement of peace, knowledge and understanding. At the core of the mission is an aspiration to contribute to the achievment of a higher state of consciousness.
Spanda is an organization in Consulative Status with United Nation Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC).
- Spanda promotes transnational and international cooperation to advance human achievement;
- Supports the transition to sustainability and to find ways for society to live in balance with the natural world;
- Supports humane health care and greater equity in global health and education;
- Fosters innovative programs that challenge existing cultural, social and scientific patterns aiming to introduce new models of practice;
- Promotes the study, the preservation and conservation of cultural and environmental heritage and indigenous knowledge (IK) while fostering the ecological awareness for future generations;
- Fosters the use of science and education to promote solutions that help conserve nature;
- Promotes and fosters relations and exchange of cultural, artistic, religious and scientific values among people, countries, regions and groupings, particularly by seeking to generate mutual understanding and acceptance at grassroots levels for their intellectual, cultural and spiritual heritage.
- Provides the bridge for cultural and scientific exchange and appreciation between Eastern and Western cultures, and to facilitate and enhance educational opportunities for the community.
- Collects and disseminates knowledge and information about the arts and culture in both policy and practice and by serving as a locus for interdisciplinary exploration of higher education.
- Enhances dialogue and interactive interchange between cultures on a wide range of issues, thereby improving bilateral and multilateral relations.
- Encourages research and cultural exchange through community and academic learning. Supports the collection and provision of international exchange information and international cultural exchange standard bearers.
- Spanda is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age or sexual orientation shall have equal access to positions, limited only by their ability to do the job.