Trailblazer Cambodia Organization
Trailblazer Cambodia Organization (TCO) is a local Non-Governmental, Non-Profit Organization registered with Ministry of Interior in August 18, 2008. It was governed and led by a group of Cambodian Agriculture and Rural Development Specialists. Board members, fundraisers, management team and staffs have experience working with Fisheries, Development, Free Chemical Agriculture, Livestock and WASH sectors. TCO believes that encouraging rural villagers to create self-sustaining programs through WASH projects, capacity building, agriculture training and organic vegetable production, microloans, community-based natural resource management would help improve health and quality of life to finally contribute to the poverty reduction.
The poorest and vulnerable groups are engaged in the community development activities through strengthening of village level institutions including enhancing food security and improving household incomes.
All of the projects were partnered with all level of local authorities and relevant stakeholders to ensure that those projects will be sustainably developed.<hr>
TCO’s vision is without the contribution of civil society such as NGOs and other development partners, the social development and poverty alleviation would not be perfect and fast-running. Therefore, the role of civil society is a useful partner for socio-economic development. In order to achieve this vision, TCO is committed to alleviating poverty in the rural areas of Cambodia and improving the quality of life of Cambodian villagers and their families by coordinating with all stakeholders including civil society groups, government line agencies, NGOs, and relevant stakeholders at all levels.<hr>
TCO’s missions are as follows:
- To contribute to the poverty reduction through community developments including: agriculture training and vegetable production, fish raising, livestock, seedlings and community base natural resource management practice.
- To conduct WASH projects in the target areas where benefited the poorest of the poor and vulnerable groups including women and children.
- To seek out generous supports for vulnerable groups, women and children. Especially, seeking for various grants and/or seed funding for rural social innovators including the poorest of the poor, vulnerable groups such as women and children.
- To promote community-based natural resource management practice in the rural targeted areas of Siem Reap, Cambodia.
- To provide agriculture training and organic vegetable production as well as empowering rural villagers to create self-help groups (SHG), village saving groups (VSG), village organization (VO), community base organization (CBO) and various village committees (VC).
- To conduct Water sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) projects including water access such as pump wells and pit wells, typical latrines and improving their potable water through bio-sand water filters.
- To set up and mentor small self-sustaining business for the poorest and vulnerable groups including women and children in the targeted rural areas of Siem Reap.
- To provide capacity building to both internal staffs and other groups of beneficiaries.