Friends of Barnabas Foundation, Inc.
The mission of the Friends of Barnabas is to improve the lives of poor Honduran children by providing high quality sustainable medical care and enabling communities to become self sufficient through health-related training and education.
The focus of our work is in Honduras, the second poorest country in the Western Hemisphere, and we are committed to improving the lives of impoverished families and to saving the lives of children in need.
Our programs address each component of the Honduran healthcare system, from community based programs to system wide endeavors. These programs:
- provide healthcare services to those without access,
- teach preventative health education,
- empower and improve the capacity of local healthcare providers,
- offer an unprecedented Extended Care Program for children with serious medical needs,
- provide a Pediatric Cardiac Surgical Program utilized by children throughout Honduras.