TeachingGreen's mission is to enable a sustainable future for life on Earth through comprehensive and empowering environmental education for all.
TeachingGreen is dedicated to protecting and preserving our natural resources through comprehensive and empowering environmental education for the people of Los Angeles and surrounding areas. We provide environmental education services and materials for adults, kids, and teens. Our work is guided by three main goals:
- Raise awareness about our most serious environmental problems, both local and global;
- Encourage people to consider the environmental impact of their day-to-day activities;
- Help people adopt a lifestyle that sustains, rather than depletes, Earth’s natural resources.
We help people help the planet for the sake of humanity and the ecosystems we depend on.
Programs and resources currently offered by TeachingGreen:
The Green Life – presentations for adults and teens
- Since our first presentation in March 2008, more than 1,500 people have heard our message of sustainability at such places as Whole Foods Market, the Manhattan Beach Community Church, South High School, the San Pedro & Peninsula YMCA and the SEA Lab in Redondo Beach.
Growing Up Green – presentations for kids K-5
- Launched in the Spring of 2011, this program has taught nearly 2,000 elementary school kids all about the three R’s of sustainability: Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle
The Green Life: A Guide to Sustainable Living in Los Angeles (copyright 2008)
The Green Graze newsletter – 35 issues archived on website