Pediatric Nutrition Practice Group (A Dietetic Practice Group of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics)
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (formerly the American Dietetic Association) was founded in 1917, and is the world's largest organization of food and nutrition professionals. The Academy is committed to improving the nation's health and advancing the profession of dietetics through research, education and advocacy.
The Pediatric Nutrition Practice Group: A Dietetic Practice Group of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
Leading the future of pediatric nutrition through education, research and service.
PNPG members are leaders in promoting optimal nutritional health of infants, children and adolescents.
- Excellence: PNPG members are involved in the development, implementation, and evaluation of evidence-based principles in nutrition policy, programs, services and research.
- Leadership: PNPG members will be recognized as leaders in the field of pediatric nutrition by the Academy, other agencies, the ADAF, and by other agencies, consumers, health care professionals and public policy makers.
- Communications: PNPG will promote timely and effective communication among nutrition and other health care professionals, and to the public.
- Collaboration: PNPG will promote open dialog, cooperation, and the sharing of knowledge. Social Responsibility: PNPG will advocate for infants, children and adolescents on issues affecting nutritional health.
- Inclusivity: PNPG will demonstrate respect and sensitivity toward and an appreciation for the backgrounds, differences and points of view of others.
- Service: PNPG will provide services, materials, and resources to its members and other health care professionals and organizations that promote the mission of the PNPG.
- Family: PNPG will recognize the pivotal role of the family in pediatric nutrition.
PNPG provides technical expertise related to proposed federal legislation, regulations and public policy.