Boys & Girls Club of Fitchburg and Leominster
"To inspire and enable all young people, especially those who need us most, to realize their full potential as productive, responsible, and caring citizens."
About Our Programs
Our STEAM-focused programs seek to assist kids develop into educated, healthy, and moral adults. While continuously evolving, they seek to engage young people in ways that spark inquiry and learning, as well as develop creativity and positive self-identity. Our members develop an understanding and appreciation of their own and others' cultural identity, set personal goals, and participate in our democracy.
The philosophy underlying our youth development programs seeks to instill in young people a sense of:
Competence - the feeling that there is something they can do well
Usefulness - that life is an opportunity to do something of value for other people
Belonging - a clubhouse environment where every individual knows he or she belongs and is accepted
Power and Influence - the self-esteem to speak up and be heard. We offer daily access to a broad range of programs in five Core Program Areas: Health and Life Skills; The Arts; Education & Career Development; Sports, Fitness & Recreation; Character & Leadership Development
About Our Club
Our local Club is a member of Boys & Girls Clubs of America, the country's largest youth development organization and the fastest growing youth agency in the world. The clubs are unique for the following four reasons:
- A Focus on Kids and Kids Alone in a Dedicated Youth Facility—Our kids learn and play in a facility that is theirs alone and without competition from programs for adults or other groups.
- Tested Programs—Our local Club is supported by the national BGCA, which provides us with tested kid-centered programs and the staff training to make them work. Graduates of these programs show a higher rate of high school completion and college attendance than their peers.
- Professional Staff—Our staff, many of whom are students attending our local teacher college programs, take part in year-round training and professional development in five core kid-development areas: Social Recreation, Sports & Fitness, the Arts, Personal & Educational Development, and Health & Life Skills.
- Open Daily—The Club is open daily on a drop-in basis during the critical after-school hours from 2-6 p.m., and for Teens from 2-7:00 p.m. In addition, the Club is often open during school vacations and the weekend for extended hours.
- Affordable to All Youth—This is made possible through the generous support of hundreds of local corporations and philanthropic individuals who recognize that many of today's youth are left to find their own recreation and companionship in the streets or are home with no adult care or guidance.