Long Way Home
Long Way Home is very excited to announce the inaugural year of its new Green Building Academy with two four-week summer sessions that will give participants a solid background and hands-on experience in green, sustainable building and construction practices.
The Academy will take place in Comalapa, Guatemala, and will draw on the expertise of the Academy's instructors, who for 9 years have built an 18-building school using state-of-the-art green and sustainable technologies and methods.
Who Can Benefit from attending the Green Building Academy?
- People in construction/building fields interested in honing skills and developing new skills
- High school and college students as well as gap-year students **Ask us about possible college credit**
- Architects and engineers
- Environmental activists
- Education and social service workers
- Aspiring educators as well as veteran teachers who are considering experiences that will shape their approach to teaching and learning
- Educators seeking pathways for re-certification credit/salary steps
- Spiritual and community leaders
- Business leaders
- Mid-career transitioners
- Retired people
- People seeking restoration and renewal along with experiencing language/cultural immersion