St. Matthew's Episcopal Day School
Since 1953, St. Matthew’s Episcopal Day School has been educating children for academic success, leadership and service. We cherish and celebrate our traditions, while also encouraging innovation, exploration, and employing best teaching practices.
Our mission is to inspire, through an academically challenging course of study, the intellectual curiosity, confidence, moral courage, and character that prepare students to be leaders of positive change in the world.
Grounded in the Episcopal tradition, our CORE VALUES are:
- Academic Excellence
- Service to Others
- Respect for Diversity
- Compassionate Community
AT ST. MATTHEW'S WE BELIEVE THAT:
- all children have gifts and the capacity to learn and lead
- school must be engaging and relevant
- process and content go hand in hand; depth is more important than broad coverage
- to be successful academically and socially, children need a set of social skills and a moral compass
- knowing the children and their families is as important as knowing the content we teach
- all members of our school community deserve respect, support, and a voice; we value democracy and equity
- families play an important role in the educational process, and
- our school exists within a community; service to others enriches our lives and those we serve
WE ARE a team of best-in-class leaders and educators that take great joy in making a difference in the lives of our students. We value collaboration, creative thinking and lifelong learning - and we have a lot of fun together along the way.