Trans Oral History Project
The Transgender Oral History Project is a collaborative media initiative dedicated to collecting stories of transgender and gender non-conforming people and making them publicly available at low or not cost.
The Project does this by supporting community members who are interested in creating media; hosting material that showcases stories of gender variant people that are not featured prominently by mainstream media; and offering expertise in video production, interview techniques, and media-literacy.
The project's guiding principals are to:
- Build community through soliciting and sharing stories
- Encourage multigenerational discussions, especially about community history
- Highlight individuals, communities, and organizations struggling with issues that are not address by mainstream culture
- Portray experiences from the perspective of folks who live them
- Work in ways that reflect a commitment to collaboration, empowerment, and fighting all forms of social oppression
Learn more about us at www.transoralhistory.com