Community Organizations Active in Disaster, Inc.
To reduce loss of life, injury, property damage, environmental impact and economic loss due to disaster through fostering communication, cooperation, collaboration and coordination among community, faith-based, non-profit, private and public organizations active in one or more phases of emergency management.
Citizen Corps Coordinator - Recognized by FEMA for efforts to engage 500+ partners and individuals through education, training and volunteer service to make our community safer, stronger and better prepared to respond to threats of terrorism, crime, public health and disasters of all kinds.
- Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) training
- Teen CERT training
- Youth Emergency Preparedness (YEP!) expo
- Childcare for First Responders
- Services for persons with disabilities, the homebound and those with functional needs
- Engaging faith-based organizations in all functions of Emergency Management
- Educating the public about the residential construction mitigation program
- Providing mitigated housing for low income families