Our mission is to challenge students to be self-reliant thinkers and lifelong learners. We inspire academic excellence, nurture students' natural love of learning, and encourage them to be confident, creative individuals who are responsible to each other, the community, and the world. Our mission is built on the six cornerstones of Marin Horizon School, which influence daily work in every classroom:
- Love of Learning motivated by close, inspired relationships with a distinguished and innovative faculty that provides engaging experiences and encourages active involvement, wonder and discovery.
- Academic Excellence promoted by an integrated, spiraling curriculum that challenges young minds, fuels imagination and fosters a deeper understanding of concepts and their connection to real-life issues.
- Values-based Learning fostered by real experiences that develop social conscience, self -reliance, collaboration, and multicultural respect and competence.
- Dedication to Environment cultivated by exploring the interconnectedness of all life on earth and learning ways to protect, respect and live in harmony with the environment.
- Sense of Community nurtured by the support, commitment and dedication of parents, teachers, students and neighbors working together.
- Respect for Diversity promoted by awareness of and responsibility to each other within our community and the world.