Upbring, Krause Children's Center
To break the cycle of child abuse by empowering children, families and communities.
Continuum of Care
Upbring delivers innovative programs and services that make measurable progress toward five key markers of every child’s success: safety, health, education, life skills and vocation.
Our life-changing programs include foster care, adoption, education, residential treatment and community services.
Krause Children's Center
The girls we serve at Upbring Krause Children’s Center are far more than a number, a label or a statistic. They have survived extraordinarily hard circumstances. These girls are warriors and survivors. Each girl who comes through our residential programs brings their own dreams, talents and abilities, and it’s our joy to provide them a safe place to grow and thrive.
Many of the girls arrive at Krause after experiencing severe abuse or neglect. These courageous young women are between the ages of 12-17, and they begin to grow and heal through in-depth clinical therapy, personal development activities and spiritual care in a safe setting.
Girls stay an average of six to eight months and begin to feel a restored sense of hope in their futures – thanks to the support of Krause’s staff and therapists specializing in Trauma-Informed Care. Often during the healing process, girls discover special interests and talents and begin to live a healthy lifestyle. Many girls are either reunited with biological family or connected with a loving foster family after living at Krause.
- Individual, family and group therapy
- Ongoing psychiatrist monitoring and medication management
- On-site medical and nursing care
- Therapeutic recreation daily
- Experiential therapy
- On-campus education through Trinity Charter Schools
- Life skills groups
- Variety of regular activities (community outings, arts & crafts, gardening, yoga, dance, animal-assisted groups and more)
- Spiritual growth (individual and group counseling, church services and bible study)