Institute for Women's Health and Leadership: Vision 2020
Vision 2020 is a national initiative advancing women's economic and social equality through collaborations with affiliated organizations and members in all 50 states. It was developed by the Institute for Women’s Health and Leadership at Drexel University College of Medicine that works with affiliated organizations to advance the issues most important to women.
Vision 2020’s Campaign for Equality will work to achieve the followingfive goals by the year 2020, when the centennial of women’s right to vote is celebrated:
• Increase the number of women in senior leadership positionsin American life to reflect the workforce talent pool and demographics.
• Achieve pay equity, so that equal pay for equal work will be the norm in the United States.
• Educate employers about the value of policies and practicesthat enable men and women to share fairly their family responsibilities.
• Educate new generations of girls and boys to respect their differencesand to act on the belief that the nation is at its best when leadership is shared and opportunities are open to all.
• Mobilize women to vote, with particular emphasis on a record-setting turnout in 2020, the centennial of the 19th Amendment.