COMPUTER FOR ALL RURAL PEOPLE
NDU SUB DIVSION, NORTH WEST REGION, CAMEROON
· To improve education in rural communities through establishing and equipping of computer education centres
· To create ICT jobs
· To build self-esteem & integrity
· To use ICT to create wealth in disadvantaged communities.
· To provide ICT scholarship to members of local associations, churches, schools or communities who will in turn train members of their local associations, churches, schools or communities in various aspects of computer programming, engineering, maintenance, management and leadership.
· To secure the involvement of partners, including the private sector, civil society, global organizations, academic institutions and bilateral donors, drawing in their knowledge and expertise, technical and financial benevolence in order to facilitate computer education in rural communities.
Project Mission: To empower the youth in rural communities with computer education which will include knowledge in computer programming, desktop publishing and technical skills in computer engineering – installation, assembly and repairs . Through providing education, job, technical, entrepreneurial and leadership skills to community members the project aims to reduce poverty, crime and illiteracy.
In addition, Computer for all rurual people hope that IT skills will broaden the competence of youths in rural communities’ career choices, integration into the urban/developed communities and enhance their communication skills and competitive advantage in the 21st Century
- To establish Computer Training Centers in rural communities specializing in the use of ICT to support education of youths and willing adults, and the management of affordable ICTs with relevant local content and for intellectual development
- To establish Internet centers via which a local church, school or community member/association could establish a computer link to another church, school and community member/association in the developed countries. These could bring so many benefits to both communities. Emails can be exchanged between youths, and the comparisons of culture and environment would yield much educational enrichment
- To train peer educators from churches, schools, adequately equipped with relevant knowledge, skills and materials to deliver sound and qualitative information and computer education to the youths
- To adopt a holistic approach that will cover range of issues on ICT, creating effective and sustainable uses for technology that are integrated into local society.
- To train youths of rural communities in AUDIO VIDEO production skills using computer multimedia programs complemented by special micro-finance products to facilitate self-employment.
- To establish business incubation service: ICT entrepreneurs for women and youths underpinned by micro-finance.