EVA Preserving the Himalayan Heritage
EVA was created in order to contribute to the preservation and promotion of Himalayan heritage and cultural values. EVA intends to achieve this through a range of local projects undertaken in the Himalayan region and through promoting indigenous Himalayan knowledge and traditional practices in Switzerland and in Europe at large:
- Provide support to minorities, indigenous people, refugees and marginalized groups through educational and cultural activities to ensure the preservation of cultural traditions, particularly in remote and marginalized areas of the Himalayas.
- Provide culturally specific education and training programs with a focus on gender, traditional knowledge and confidence building.
- Support projects that aim to identify and protect historically and culturally significant artistic skills and traditional knowledge by promoting the development of traditional Himalayan art and crafts.
EVA’s current portfolio focuses on the preservation and promotion of Himalayan heritage and cultural values through a range of projects, such as:
- Establishment of the International Himalayan Tibetan School, Siliguri, India
- Student Sponsorship Project, Kathmandu, Nepal
- Support to the Tibetan Medicine School, Kathmandu, Nepal
- Promotion of Himalayan traditional knowledge and ancestral tradition through cultural events in Geneva, Switzerland