CWAE (Center for Wellness and Achievement in Education)
CWAE's mission is to solve the most intractable problems of public education and society in general with a unique, paradigm disrupting approach that addresses the underlying neurophysical basis of learning, behavior and perception
Neuropsychological research over the last 40 years indicates that wellness, particularly healthy brain development, is foundational to realizing individual potential. If one’s mind and body are healthy, then self-awareness, social awareness, behavior, mental clarity, and performance are enhanced.
Toward this end, CWAE provides programs that support mind-body integration, including meditation, yoga, exercise, nutrition, and sleep education.
Our flagship program is Quiet Time, a meditation-based stress reduction and wellness program that enhances the healthy development of students, teachers, and administrators in schools. Results to date include:
- Improved school-wide GPA
- Increased attendance
- Decreased suspensions and school violence
- Reduced student anxiety and psychological distress
- Increased self-esteem
- Higher standardized test scores
- Decreased burnout and stress in teachers and administrators
- Increased emotional intelligence
- Increased coping ability in adults