Unitarian Universalist Church of Medford (UUCM)
About the Unitarian Universalist Church of Medford
The Unitarian Universalist Church of Medford (UUCM) is a liberal, welcoming community that embraces and celebrates diversity. As the result of a merger of three Unitarian and Universalist Medford churches, today’s UUCM and its forebears have been a spiritual community since 1696, when the Town constructed the first meeting house, becoming independent of the Town in 1824, spanning the history of Medford from its early colonial days up to the modern day. The current church building dates from 1894 and is on the National Register of Historic Places. Adjoining the church and housing church offices and the Religious Education (RE) Program is the Osgood House built in 1785 which served as the minister’s residence until 1992.
Comprised of approximately 67 adult attendees, our community is a casual, child-friendly congregation that seeks to nurture one another’s spirituality, and expresses our shared values through worship, religious education, community service, and social action. Providing a program of religious education which promotes awareness of spirituality in the context of liberal ideals is a fundamental component of our ministry and service to each other and a major reason for joining our community.