Bella Health Care Charitable Trust is a registered NGO in India that aims to empower women to increase their ability to make informed family planning and reproductive health choices. Bella Health Care provides reproductive health care services that will enhance the health and quality of life of the women, girls and adolescents in our target areas. Our programs address maternal, child, reproductive health and new-born health, as well as gaps in family planning and acute care needs.
Bella Health Care was established in July 2011 and started operations in January 2012. Bella Health launched its program in January 2012 after 6 months of laying the infrastructure, collecting baseline data, conducting focus groups, mapping the villages and planning for a sustainable program. Bella Healthcare is an NGO dedicated to providing best health care services and education to women and child and empowering women with health, education and quality health care. Bella Health Provides Health care services to women and children who live in urban slums an villages in and around Dehradun.
After the first year, Kanyiha Mobile Health Van, visited 432 village/slums areas in and around Dehradun, within16 months of operations. Bella Health provided health care to over 17,000. women and provided reproductive health care services to over 7,300 women, dispensed 167,000 medicines and performed 3553 lab tests. Additionally there were over 700 patients who received health care for pre/post natal visits. Additionally 200 prenatal books were distributed to prenatal patients.
Bella Health has successfully opened 2 stationary clinic within Dehradun. One clinic is in Selaqui, an industrial slum, 45 minutes outside of Dehradun and the other clinic is in the city center. Both clinics are staffed with Doctors and nurses and opened everyday from 9am-7pm. In the first year, we provided health care and health education to more than 4,000 patients in these clinics.
In 2012, 8500 health education classes were held, covering 24 different topics including: nutrition, ORS, reproductive anatomy, birth control, STI’s, irregular vaginal discharge, abortions, nutrition, and many more. After the education attendees complete 6 classes, they receive a gift and a certificate. In the first year 71 women completed the mandatory 6 education classes. Under this project, Bella Health executed 16 large scale health camps and served more than 5000 participants.
Bella Healthcare provides reproductive health care services that will enhance the health and quality of life of the women, girls and adolescents in our target areas. Our programs address maternal, child, reproductive health and new-born health, as well as gaps in family planning and acute care needs.
- Gynecological Services: we provide care for menstruation related abnormalities, reproductive tract infections, sexually transmitted infections , pelvic inflammatory disease and polycystic ovary disease
- Maternal and Infant Health: pregnancy testing, antenatal care including tetanus toxoid injections and vitamin supplementation, counseling, post-natal care visits and counseling (including post-natal home visits, general clinic for mothers and children and family planning,
- Contraceptive Services: Oral Pills, Emergency pills, IUD, condoms, referral for sterilization, counseling and education services.
- Services for Men: treatment and counseling for sexually transmitted infections, reproductive tract infections, family planning and infertility
- Lab services: pap smears, hemoglobin, blood sugar, urine tests, HIV, gonorrhea, chlamydia, HBV, HCV, blood group, malaria, pregnancy.
- Medications: Up to four medicines are provided at each visit. We have a stock of over 50,000 medicines used to treat an array of problems.
- Reproductive Cancer Services: pap smear test, counseling and referrals, breast cancer screening.
- HIV related services: HIV testing, pre and posttest counseling, prevention counseling, referral for treatment.
- Health Education: Classes for all women, men, children and adolescents. Bella Health offers new education classes that are interesting and beneficial for the whole family. After completion of 6 classes, receive a certificate and gift.
- Women: reproductive health classes on menstrual cycle, menstrual hygiene, birth control, signs and symptoms of STIs, how to prevent unsafe abortions, and many more.
- Men: classes on birth control, preventing injury, nutrition.
- Children: classes on hand washing, nutrition, first aid, staying healthy and many more.
- Adolescent: Classes on adolescent reproductive health so youth know what happens to their bodies and how they can stay healthy.