ALEF - Association Libanaise pour l'Education et la Formation
ALEF is a non-governmental organization, which aims at monitoring, protecting and promoting Human Rights in Lebanon through education, training, advocacy and lobbying activities. ALEF believes in the absolute value of Humans. Thus the ultimate “raison d’être” of any societal structure is to reflect this belief in attitudes and actions. ALEF’s mission is to trigger and contribute to a cumulative process of changing values and attitudes incompatible with the universal values of Human Rights
In harmony with the mission statement, ALEF team set up the following strategic goals for the long term:
• Become a reference institution in the field of Human Rights and related topics, not only to identify and denounce violations, but also to play the role of a think tank at the service of decision and legislation makers in Lebanon; to become a proponent of national policies in Human Rights related matters. • To change the present popular perception that Human Rights issues are idealistic and elitist. Through ALEF projects, the Human Rights values will be brought to become part of the popular scale of values, applicable in every day’s perceptions, attitudes and behaviors. • Share the experience acquired in Lebanon at the regional level, after consolidating the Lebanese structure.
Policy of Action
• ALEF policy is to operate on a need & right basis, trying always to conceive projects where other actors are not involved in order to avoid duplication.
• Empowering the civil society is a must in the framework of the cumulative process of change. Therefore, ALEF strives to interact with and build the capacity of the other components of the civil society.
• Impartiality is the key to credibility which is the corner stone of efficiency. ALEF strongly believes in the freedom of belief, conscience and religion. This of course applies to its volunteers and staff members. Moreover, ALEF encourages its members to be involved in political and civil activities and structures. However, ALEF requires that no judgmental approaches based on political or religious beliefs are made when handling Human rights issues.
• ALEF considers the youth as the main actors of change and a reservoir for volunteers for what they represent in terms of potential multiplying effect.
• ALEF is committed to give a special attention to the most vulnerable groups (in terms of rights), especially if their vulnerability is the result of social pressures or inequalities.
Do you work for ALEF - Association Libanaise pour l'Education et la Formation ? Become an administrator