School of the Holy Child
History: Founded by the Society of the Holy Child Jesus in 1904, School of the Holy Child is a Catholic, independent, college-preparatory school for young women in grades 5-12.
Campus: Holy Child’s 18-acre campus in Rye, New York, blends old and new— it features a striking Tudor mansion dating to 1930, as well as recently constructed academic facilities. Over the past several years, the School has completed several important facilities enhancements identified in the Campus Master Plan, including the completion of a new academic building; renovations to the art room and dining hall; and installation of a turf field. In November 2007, School of the Holy Child reopened the renovated St. Walburga's Chapel, a light-filled and peaceful space located in a former solarium within the Tudor mansion. The Chapel overlooks the beautiful Alumnae Garden, a small enclave of green space and stonework that connects the Chapel to the rest of campus.
Enrollment: The School currently enrolls 310 young women, drawing some of the best and brightest students from across more than 70 communities in Westchester, Putnam, New York, Bronx and Fairfieldcounties.