Community Partnership East Africa (COPEA-cooperation+development)
COPEA is to contribute in the field of Adult Environment Education and Community Outreach (including Virtual presence): - partly by enhancing capacity building, - service delivery , - resource mobilisation, - and Management and Administration. All this is virtual volunteer relief, cooperation and development effort with a view of balancing conservation of the environment efforts and meeting of peoples needs.
COPEA’s Scope of Project Assistance Service Research interests that volunteers can enhance: - Groups being involved in supporting health issues especially People living with and affected by HIV/AIDS (PLWHA), including Victims of War Focusing on youth as change agents. - Safe water sourcing (Deep Well Drilling Rig) environment and sanitation (WES) aiming at reducing the workload of women and the girl child. - Researching - Loaning scheme Development (Economic Empowerment Loan and Credit Scheme Development- Village Banking) an entry point in relief and development. - Project Assistance Service Volunteering - placement of international volunteers with local undertakings - non profits.
MICRO-PROJECT WORK VOLUNTEER (MPWV) Together we can do it
INTRODUCTION Â· MPWV networks and coordinates support for development initiatives by working through local community partners to bring help and hope to people in need. Â· MPWV aims at empowering the people to articulate their needs and aspirations. Â· MPWV is keen to take joint action with others to effect sustainable development in East Africa Community Area.
MISSION STATEMENT MPWV is committed to the advancement of development culture which empowers people to take their destiny into their own hands and effect the desired changes.
OBJECTIVES The MPWV is to: 1. Identify development initiatives in the East Africa Community Area. 2. Identify and link the necessary support mechanism to deserving development projects. 3. Encourage coordination and networking amongst local development groups with government and non government organizations including international partners. 4. Activate spirit of self reliance and promote the potential of nongovernmental sector in the development of the areas of operation. 5. Facilitate Community participation and cooperation in rural development and enhance social and economic advancement. 6. Create open dialogue and facilitate a forum for the people to jointly or otherwise generate ideas and exchange information and experiences in development. 7. Play advocacy role to both the local, central and international project support partners on behalf or otherwise of the local community partners.
STRUCTURE This is made up of (Volunteer Centre still in pipeline), Focal Points spread across East Africa.
STEERING COMMITTEE MPWVs have come together as the Resident Representative, Programme Officer, Chief Executive office, Spokes Person operating under one Umbrella as MPWV. This committee is the policy and decision making organ with authority to carry out executive duties and obligations of development work.
THE FOCAL POINTS Is the paid staff and it is the projects implementing organ.
MEMBERSHIP MPWV constitutes of individual Volunteers who 1. Pull people together by helping those in need. 2. Promote self-help initiatives and take up worthy causes. 3. Invest their time as their own expression of goodwill-to enrich the individual volunteer and global volunteerism. 4. See volunteer service as a cause for celebration to highlight their achievements and encourage more people to engage in volunteer activity.
PROJECTS Integrated voluntary micro projects/programmes
TARGET The organized peri urban and rural poor community partners.
PROJECTED ACTIVITIES 1. Support of functional sustainable micro enterprises. 2. Development awareness raising and sensitization, e.g. water environment and sanitation, etc. 3. Advocacy and Lobby of identified initiatives in area of operation to both local and international support partners, training institutions, etc. 4. Networking and coordination to create cross border synergies and international partnership development. 5. Focusing efforts on eco-tourism and micro enterprise development
MICRO-PROJECT WORK VOLUNTEERING
1. Researching Rural Micro Credit Development Project, Rejected Stone Ministries, Nasenyi, Kabwangasi near Mbale District, including select areas of Sironko District, Eastern Uganda.
2. Rural Community Mobilization and Sensitisation: Focusing on Resource Mobilisation. Assisted by the Mbale District Economists'/Planning Office
3. Voluntary Counseling and Testing, West Inn Cell, Sironko Township, Sironko District, and Rejected Stone Ministries, Kabwangasi near Mbale District, Eastern Uganda.
4. Community Partnership Development (Mirembe)/ Rejected Stone Ministries, Nasenyi Village, Kabwangasi, Mbale, Community Based Organisations, Individual Volunteer Initiative
5. Volunteer Focal Point, Community Partnership East Africa (COPEA)/Tropical Business Research, Mbale and Sironko Districts, East Uganda.
6. Safe Water - Project Back up Service. Borehole drilling/repairs, Spring Wells Protection implemented by Ruhinda Women's Integrated Development Foundation (RWIDF), Rukungiri District, S.Western Uganda.
7. Volunteers’ Centre/Focal Point - C/O Wotatech Services KCB Bldg,Enterprise Road, Nairobi, Kenya, East Africa.
- Room 108 and 106, 1st Fl. Cianda House Koinange Street Nairobi, Kenya, East Africa.
8. Regional Volunteers’ Hub (New Projection) Arusha/Moshi, Tanzania, East Africa.
9) Promotion of e-Project, Solar Africa from Sustainable Energy Solutions, INC
We need to Equip, plant Volunteer Centres. Consider your investment; you will be helping to plant a Centre and support Focal Points.