The Carpenters' Company
Owned and operated by The Carpenters’ Company since it was built in 1774, Carpenters’ Hall hosted the First Continental Congress and was home to Franklin's Library Company, The American Philosophical Society, and the First and Second Banks of the United States. Carpenters' Hall is open to the public and welcomes over 150,000 visitors from locations all over the world to this wonderful historic Georgian style building each year.
The mission statement of The Carpenters’ Company is as follows:
To preserve and maintain historic Carpenters' Hall; to interpret for the public the significant events that took place in or around the Hall and the history of building construction; to preserve the history and traditions of the Company; to provide a forum of professional association and fellowship for builders, architects, and engineers; to provide encouragement, education, and support for men and women entering the construction industry; to develop and maintain professional relations with other organizations who have similar interests; to encourage support, research, and publication of history relating to the Company and its members and to the development of building construction and architecture.