Elijah Family Homes
660 George Washington Way
Elijah Family Homes, a faith-based organization, fosters hope, dignity, and self-sufficiency through stable housing and supportive services for families in recovery.
Studies show that stable housing in a safe neighborhood increases a family’s ability to find employment, reduce adverse childhood experiences (ACES), and become contributing members in the community. Elijah Family Homes strives to help that happen.
Elijah Family Homes (EFH), a faith-based organization started at Christ the King Church, has operated in the Tri-Cities since May 2005 and has been a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization since 2006. Clients are not required to hold any particular religious beliefs or to participate in any religious services.
Who We Are, What We Do
We are a collaborative, mission-driven agency. We value self-determination, and hold our tenants accountable for their own results. Everything we do is done in the spirit of love and support, even when we find ourselves faced with tough decisions. In holding true to these values, our tenants begin to experience what it’s like to become in charge of their own lives.
EFH provides stable housing and supportive services to 10-12 families at a time. These families are committed to creating a stable home and better future for themselves and their children. Our part is to provide stability for up to three years as they work toward self-sufficiency.
Children’s safety and security in their homes and neighborhoods commands a primary focus in selecting EFH housing. EFH tenants are a special-needs population in which:
- Children and parents have experienced trauma.
- Many of the children had been removed from their parents’ care, but are now reunited.
- Parents often lack a supportive family safety net.
- Families have experienced multiple generations of poverty, substance abuse, child abuse, domestic violence and/or poor education.
Goal and Provisions
A major goal of EFH is to break the cycle of substance abuse and generational poverty for local families. Elijah Family Homes accomplishes this by providing:
- Assistance while parents are completing education and/or beginning employment.
- Accountability in the form of regular drug testing, regular home visits, and highly individualized case management to support families with their goals.
- Monthly group meetings to address common problems, learn skills and interact socially in wholesome, family activities.
Do you work for Elijah Family Homes? Become an administrator