The Taly Foundation ("Taly") is a nonprofit organization created in 2013 to help meet the needs of young children and their families in Massachusetts who do not have access to a quality preschool experience. Taly Foundation is committed to providing access to and improving the quality of early childhood education in local Massachusetts communities.
To have a meaningful impact on children and improve early childhood education for society as a whole, Taly is focused on the following activities:
- Providing scholarships to accredited early learning centers for 3 and 4 year old children who otherwise would not be able to attend preschool.
- Sponsoring relevant college-level courses for early childhood educators on-site at the centers where we have scholarships for children.
- Providing professional development for early learning center teachers and staff.
- Engaging families through sponsored workshops which underscore the advantages of a quality early childhood education for their children
- Connecting families with necessary social services within the community
- Partnering with community leaders to raise awareness of the importance of educating all preschool-age children and rally support for quality preschool institutions within their borders
- Participating in local and state based forums to advise and collaborate on the increasing deficit of access to quality early childhood education programs
- Creating literature in multiple languages to eliminate barriers Improving outcomes by implementing research findings within preschool classrooms and home