Vanderbilt Divinity School
In a global and multi-religious world, the Divinity school seeks to fulfill the following objectives:
• to engage in theological inquiry;
• to help persons prepare for the practice of Christian ministry and public leadership;
• to encourage personal and spiritual formation;
• to prepare agents of social justice; and
• to educate future scholars and teachers, locally and globally.
Degree programs enable students, with the aid of faculty advisers, to plan a course of study in light of their talents, interests, and professional objectives. Resources of the University and affiliated institutions offer rich opportunities for students to secure additional knowledge and skills in preparation for their vocations.