South Asian Mental Health Initiative and Network (SAMHIN)
- Educate, engage and empower the community to promote mental health and mental health literacy.
- Develop a searchable database of South Asian. Providers, social service and mental health resources and improve access to mental health care.
- Promote and conduct research on South Asian mental health.
- Decrease stigma of mental illness.
- Provide technical assistance and consultation to health care policy makers and health care delivery facilities.
- Increase collaboration between existing mental health organizations which address specific aspects of mental illness, increase awareness of the existence and roles of these organizations.
- Decrease fragmentation in services provided to the community.
- Explore ways of making affordable treatment services available.