La Casa Amarilla
La Casa Amarilla (the yellow house) of Barcelona, Spain, is a non-profit association, which promote the cultural interchange between Latin America and Catalonia.
The projects are developed decentralized, in a virtual space, taking advantage of the technology and in collaboration with other associations and companies. The activities are mainly developed in Barcelona, as well as in the Latin-American countries which are members of our cultural and cooperation projects and interchange.
Our activities are based on the following values:
- Nations free self-determination and respect for their cultural diversity.
Our association is composed by teams of professionals specialized in different cultural areas, who work together designing, developing, coordinating, evaluating and executing our projects. As a way of contributing to the cultural interchange between Latin-America and Catalonia we develop the following activities:
- Elaboration, evaluation, developing, and execution of Cultural Projects based in the cultural cooperation, by means of the most recent technology.
- Scheduling and setting up of: - Concerts - Theatrical representations - Art Exhibitions - Film and Documentary projections - Promotion of any other cultural expressions in order to promote de cultural diversity of Latin-America and Catalonia.
- Book editions, CD productions, cultural publications (independent or in collaboration with the press, radio, television or other interested institutions)
- Organization of conferences, festivals, colloquies, seminars, courses, workshops and other cultural events.
- Artistic and cultural research.
- Promote citizen’s formation and participation thru cultural events as a social construction.
- Cooperation and development projects that contribute with the cultural protection and promotion of the patrimony of Latin-America and Catalonia.
- Participation in the discussion of cultural policies which contribute with the answer of the community’s need.