Youths Organization For International Volunteers
Youths Organization for International Volunteers is a non governmental organization. Its goal is to offer services to the Kenyan community, through volunteering, that target and address the most serious issues affecting our community: HIV/AIDS, health care (Nursing & Community Health) and nutrition, environmental conservation, child rights (including the rights of orphans, street children and other vulnerable children), gender based violence, sustainable agriculture, home based care, teaching and training amongst others.
Youths Organization is a true grassroots organization. We work on the ground across Kenya to alleviate human crisis - in slums, IDP (internally displaced persons) camps, churches, schools, orphanages, hospitals, rehabilitation centres and the homes of HIV/AIDS patients.
Youths Organization has been established with the following key focuses in mind:
- To work with Kenyan and international organizations and volunteers of all ages and from all walks of life (Don’t be misled by our name – our volunteers are not just young people but people in their 20s, 30s, 40s and 50s!).
- To organize camps and medical camp with international doctors, nurses and volunteers.
- To give volunteers a rewarding volunteer experience, working on the ground, with people in need.
- To utilize volunteers to the best of their potential.
- To ensure that our community, volunteers, government, private sector, public sector, other International Non governmental organizations and all of our volunteers world wide can work together in a collaborative, positive and open environment with a view to improving living standards in Kenya.
Put simply, if you are considering volunteering and assisting in Africa, then Youths Organization can offer you a fully supported grassroots experience that enables you to volunteer (and help) those most in need in Kenya.
To deliver, and facilitate the delivery of, quality social services to the community in a focused, efficient and effective manner through a participatory and collaborative approach.
For more information on our organization and the programs we offer, visit http://www.volunteerskenya.org
Do you work for Youths Organization For International Volunteers? Become an administrator