Primary Care Development Corporation
Founded in 1993, PCDC is a nonprofit organization dedicated to ensuring that every community has timely and effective access to high-quality, patient-centered primary health care. Our goal is to expand the capacity and transform the quality of primary care to improve health, reduce disparities and reduce healthcare costs for individuals, their families, and whole communities.PCDC works to transforms healthcare in underserved communities by providing low-cost loans, performance improvement assistance, and policy leadership. Our programs help strengthen the delivery of primary care throughout underserved communities to improve the health of communities, as well as transform space, create jobs, and enhance local economies. Our work extends from the South Bronx to South Central Los Angeles, from East Baltimore to East New York, and we work with a range of clients, including community health centers, hospitals, private practices, primary care associations, and large healthcare systems to achieve high impact, transformative results.
We pursue our mission through the following core programs:
Capital Financing: We provide the capital and know-how to build, renovate and expand community based health care facilities, so that providers can deliver the best care to their patients.
Performance Improvement: We help providers assess, understand and address operational issues to help improve work processes, communication, marketing & customer service, use of technology, overall patient experience and build capacity.
Policy & Advocacy: We lead and support successful policy initiatives that increase access to quality primary care, improve the health of communities, and lower health system costs.
Experience and Results
- Created total investments of $270 million for more than 90 primary care capital projects in low-income communities
- Worked with more than 400 health center teams to implement patient-centered and economically sustainable business practices
- Co-founded the New York State Primary Care Coalition
- AAA+2 rated by Community Development Financial Institution Assessment and Rating System (CARS)
- Wells Fargo NEXT Award for Opportunity Finance (2012)
- American Public Health Association Avedis Donabedian Healthcare Quality Award for outstanding contributions in the field of quality assurance and improvement (2009)
- Wachovia-Wells Fargo NEXT CDFI Excellent Award - Advocacy (2007)
- Wachovia- Wells Fargo NEXT CDFI Excellence Award - Most Innovative Loan Fund (2001)
- Driehaus Capital Management Social Compact Award - Large Bank Partnerships, PCDC and JP Morgan (1999)