American Association of Birth Centers
The American Association of Birth Centers promotes and supports birth centers as a means to uphold the rights of healthy women and their families, in all communities, to birth their children in an environment which is safe, sensitive and cost effective with minimal intervention.
We work to accomplish this by:
- Fostering excellence in birth centers through development and evaluation of evidence-based standards of care;
- Supporting the development of birth centers that subscribe to the AABC birth center model of care;
- Encouraging all member centers to attain birth center accreditation;
- Serving as an information resource on birth centers;
- Encouraging the participation of professionals, institutions, and families who support the AABC mission;
- Working actively with associations that are interested in the provision of wellness oriented maternity services;
- Influencing policy issues at the national, regional and local levels.