Hope Enterprise Corporation
HOPE (Hope Enterprise Corporation/Hope Credit Union) is a community development financial institution, community development intermediary and policy center that provides affordable financial services; leverages private, public and philanthropic resources; and engages in policy analysis in order to fulfill its mission of strengthening communities, building assets, and improving lives in economically distressed parts of the Mid-South.
Since 1994, HOPE has generated more than $1.7 billion in financing and related services for the unbanked and under banked, entrepreneurs, homeowners, nonprofit organizations, health care providers and other community development purposes. Collectively, these projects have benefitted more than 400,000 individuals in the Delta, Katrina-affected areas and other distressed communities throughout Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi and Tennessee. This impact has been substantially multiplied by HOPE’s policy and intermediary efforts, which have informed and influenced the flow of public and private resources to assist disenfranchised people and places across the Mid-South and nationwide.
Primary Services and Capabilities
HOPE has a demonstrated track record of success in the following areas:
- Business Lending: Loans for small- & medium-sized businesses ♦ New Markets Tax Credit financing ♦ Public agency guarantees and credit enhancements ♦ Financing for nonprofits, community facilities, health care, child care and other community infrastructure ♦ Loan participations
- Housing Finance: Single family mortgages ♦ Low-Income Housing Tax Credit debt and equity ♦ Development of rental and owner-occupied housing
- Retail Financial Services: Transaction products such as checking accounts, online banking, credit cards, debit cards, ATM cards ♦ Savings products including Individual Development Accounts, IRAs ♦ Secured and unsecured consumer loans for automobiles, home equity, payday alternative loans
- Intermediary Services: Financial counseling including homebuyer education and credit counseling ♦ Affordable housing development ♦ Loan fund administration ♦ Project design and management
- Policy Analysis and Advocacy: Family Economic Self Sufficiency ♦ Responsible Financial Services ♦ Budget and Tax Equity
In each area, HOPE seeks to increase the impact of its work by collaborating with community development organizations, private industry, public agencies, philanthropists and others at the national, state and local levels.