Voluntary Aid Africa
Hse. No. GK BLK A 273, Gbolo Kpalsi, Tamale, Ghana
Box 2293 Tamale
Voluntary Aid Africa (VAA) was established in 2014 as an international volunteer and intern recruitment organisation, based in Tamale, Northern Ghana. We work in close collaboration with several local actors in the area, but also run our own development projects. Our staff members are richly experienced and have worked with international volunteer recruitment and work-placement coordination for the past 10 years. We want to support real needs and create real opportunities for the underprivileged and rural communities of Northern Ghana by working with a combination of financial as well as human resources. Our goal is to bring about change and development through locally initiated grassroots projects, international volunteer work and internship placements. We believe in volunteerism and cross-cultural exchange!
Voluntary Aid Africa takes action as a Non Profit- and Non Governmental Organisation (NPO/NGO) registered under the Registrar General’s Department, and are governed by the company’s code of Ghana 1963 (ACT 179). Our goal is to create real opportunities for the underprivileged through cross-cultural exchange and volunteerism. We currently recruit and work with international volunteers, students and interns from all over the world, to bring development to the local communities of Northern Ghana. Over the years the staff at Voluntary Aid Africa have invited and brought international visitors from several countries such as Germany, Netherlands, Sweden and Italy to participate in the volunteer/internship programmes and development projects. Volunteers and interns generally work for at least 2 weeks in any of our locally initiated projects, associated organisations or agencies. Our projects are mainly carried out in the fields of education, capacity building, health and childcare. We also work in close partnership with other development actors in the area, so there is always a possibility to arrange volunteer work- or internship placements within alternative fields as well.
- All our volunteers and interns are given good care and support from our professional staff-team.
- We give volunteers and interns value for their money and invested time.
- As an intern/volunteer you will have access to a 24/7 emergency support service.
- We place volunteers and interns in projects and organisations based on their choice of program and interest.
- Our finances are transparent and there are no hidden costs.
- We offer affordable program fees.; education, research, healthcare, child development, women's empowerment and much more!!