Holistic Moms Network
The Holistic Moms Network (HMN) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit support and resource organization connecting parents who are interested in holistic health and green living. HMN was founded in 2003 by a handful of moms yearning for the support and friendship of others parenting outside the mainstream. Today - thanks to the ever-increasing popularity of alternative medicine and a growing environmental consciousness - HMN has over 120 chapters across the U.S. and Canada. Through ongoing media campaigns, HMN is informing thousands of people about the benefits of holistic health and green living.
HMN represents the growing demographic of holistic-minded parents who are questioning conventional wisdom in the areas of birthing, child-rearing, healthcare, nutrition and wellness, education, personal relationships, and our society's views about the natural world. In the face of mounting global and environmental problems, holistic parents strive to give their children the love, support, and information they need to become informed, compassionate, and healthy children who can live in balance with their world.
Some of the principles behind holistic living include:
- Eating minimally processed foods and exercising to maintain health;
- Using natural and non-invasive healing modalities that stimulate the body to heal itself;
- Understanding the connections between mind, body and spirit;
- Understanding the interconnections between life events and between all living things;
- Striving to live in balance with nature and minimizing our impact on the planet;
- Understanding that our actions and choices have consequences for our families and our planet;
- Using connection and attachment parenting techniques (through babywearing, breastfeeding, non-violent communication and positive discipline) to raise self-confident and emotionally stable children;
- Taking responsibility for our actions and making informed choices in all areas of life.
HMN has a variety of programs to support families along their holistic journeys. Through monthly meetings, playgroups, and special events, HMN's local chapters bring parents together to share advice and information in a nurturing, open-minded and respectful environment where they don't feel judged. HMN's dynamic online forums provide an additional way to learn about an array of holistic living topics including birth and vaccination choices, breastfeeding, alternative healthcare and schooling options, positive discipline and all things green - from recycling and composting to eco-friendly birthday parties and vacations.
As a member of HMN, you can share your holistic passions with others and be part of a growing movement of healthy and eco-conscious parents.
Membership in the Holistic Moms Network provides the following benefits:
- Gives parents access to our many online communities for information and support,
- Provides a subscription to The Wise Mom Newsletter,
- Includes discounts from our Sponsors,
- Provides discounted rates for our annual Natural Living Conference,
- Provides a local Chapter affiliation if available.
HMN is dedicated to facilitating grassroots community-building. The organization offers moms the opportunity to create local chapters where they can find the support, friendship, and knowledge that are so necessary for successful parenting. HMN welcomes moms-to-be, dads, grandparents, and partners into our organization. To find a chapter near you, check out our Chapters page. If no chapter exists in your region, we would be happy to help you start a chapter in your area!
Do you work for Holistic Moms Network? Become an administrator