JAM's vision is to help Africa help itself by contributing toward the alleviation of poverty through sustainable development programs.
Our mission is to achieve our vision in Africa through:
- Offering a professional, dignified solution to the poor
- Helping to develop people through education and development programs.
- Meeting the nutritional and educational needs of children.
- Providing sustainable water and sanitation solutions.
- Meeting people's needs in a time of crisis.
- Operating all aid activities on a fully inclusive basis, not discriminating on the grounds of race, religion, gender or political persuasion.
Through offering effective, professional and dignified solutions to the poor, JAM's goals are to:
- Feed one million children a day through school feeding, therapeutic feeding and nutritional take-home rations by 2012.
- Assist communities with life-saving water and sanitation (WAT/SAN) through borehole drilling and rehabilitation, latrine construction and sanitation education.
- Equip communities with adequate nutrition and sustainable avenues for food security, through agriculture development activities with smallholder and local commercial farmers.
- Educate children, parents, teachers and community members on the effects of HIV/AIDS, prevention methods and care.
- Assist Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) with nutrition and education
- Strengthen and increase the capacity of local communities through national human capital development, local food production factories and strong infrastructure development.
- Improve the capacity of African Governments to initiate and operate national assistance programming through capacity building, training and macro policy development.
- Stimulate economic development through agri-business and other sectors to effect true development and sustainability within communities served.