ONG Santé Diabète
17 avenue malherbe
Santé Diabète (formerly Santé Diabète Mali) is a French Non Governmental Organization that was founded in 2001 to improve the prevention and management of diabetes in Africa.
The NGO focuses its work on a comprehensive approach including all the axes necessary for the establishment of prevention and care of quality for diabetes. This innovative approach is realized in practice by the development of 6 components:
1. Investing in primary prevention to reduce the human and economic burden of the disease progression.
2. Investing in the decentralization of care to ensure geographic accessibility to a care of quality.
3. Investing in secondary and tertiary prevention "therapeutic education" to reduce the burden of complications due to diabetes.
4. Investing in the reduction of care costs for geographic accessibility to a care of quality.
5. Investing in an integrated approach including active involvement of patients and their families through their associations by promoting self-management mechanisms and advocacy allowing them to defend their rights.
6. Investing in research - action to develop innovative approaches
The NGO supports in parallel many governments in the development or implementation of their policy against non-communicable diseases or more specifically against diabetes.
Do you work for ONG Santé Diabète? Become an administrator