The Everglades Foundation
The Everglades Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit dedicated to leading efforts to restore and protect the greater Everglades ecosystem. Since its founding in 1993 by a group of local outdoor enthusiasts, the Foundation has become a respected and important advocate for the sustainability of one of the world’s most unique ecosystems.
Funds raised by the Foundation are used for scientific research, advancing understanding of the Greater Everglades ecosystem and to provide grants to our conservation partners. In addition to grants, the Foundation supports necessary legal actions to help protect the Everglades. Through environmental leadership, scientific expertise and policy experience, the Everglades Foundation works to protect and restore America’s Everglades.
The Foundation’s world-class science department conducts and sponsors scientific research and analysis so that our policies, positions and actions are governed by facts.
The Everglades Foundation…
- Gives grants to the best local, national, and international organizations to focus their professional staff and members on Everglades restoration
- Partners to form coalitions, set priorities, share information, and devise strategies to unite and strengthen the voices for Everglades restoration
- Monitors local, state, and federal government policies and actions that affect the Everglades ecosystem
- Articulates the threats to the Everglades and offers the best possible solutions
- Advocates on behalf of the Everglades with policy-makers who affect the future of the ecosystem
- Supports litigation when government or private entities act to harm the Everglades, or when there is a failure to enforce the laws passed to restore and protect this ecosystem
The Everglades and the surrounding estuaries will be restored to a natural state that allows clean water to flow, while providing a reliable water supply for the people of Florida.
The Everglades Foundation is dedicated to protecting and restoring America’s Everglades. This unique ecosystem provides economic, recreational and life-sustaining benefits to the millions of people in Florida who depend on its future health. Through the advancement of scientifically sound and achievable solutions, the Foundation seeks to reverse the damage inflicted on the ecosystem and provide policymakers and the public with an honest and credible resource to help guide decision-making on complex restoration issues.
The Foundation serves as a leader in building consensus for action in support of our mission. Our strength comes from the support we receive from our partners, board, staff and true believers who know we can correct mistakes of the past.