Layton Boulevard West Neighbors, Inc.
Layton Boulevard West Neighbors (LBWN) builds strong and healthy neighborhoods in the City of Milwaukee by stabilizing and revitalizing the Silver City, Burnham Park and Layton Park communities. These south side neighborhoods are some of Milwaukee’s most diverse and economically vibrant.
In 1995, the School Sisters of St. Francis (SSSF) founded LBWN to serve as the neighborhood organization for the community surrounding their international motherhouse. At the time, the neighborhood was experiencing transition that negatively impacted community safety, property values, and neighborhood confidence. In response to this need, the SSSF foundresses began organizing ice cream socials to bring neighbors together to get to know one another. This effort was eventually formalized as Layton Boulevard West Neighbors.
Since 1995, LBWN has maintained strong roots with the neighbors while evolving into one of the preeminent community development organizations in the City of Milwaukee. Working side-by-side with residents and stakeholders, LBWN has achieved the following outcomes:
- $40 million in leveraged neighborhood investment resulting in renovated homes, new businesses and public space improvements.
- $7.2 million invested in improvements to 1,000+ homes since 1995.
- $6.2 million invested in sales of 71 homes since 2006.
- 31 new businesses and 116 new jobs created since 2005.
- 8,000 neighbors have participated in 200+ community projects and events.
Do you work for Layton Boulevard West Neighbors, Inc.? Become an administrator