Parity is a faith-based, LGBTQ-focused organization that creates open and nurturing spaces to:
• Support emerging LGBTQ pastors as they live into their callings.
• Empower LGBTQ and allied young people to integrate their spiritual, gender and sexual identities.
• Proclaim this message of celebration from the pulpit, in the media and in other venues.
We work and pray together to create a world where gender and sexual identity are not barriers to living the whole, full lives that we are called to by God.
Our principal programs include:
• Retreats and Conferences for the spiritual nurture and support of LGBTQ-identified faith leaders.
• Equipping churches and congregations to address LGBTQ youth homelessness and suicide and to engage in bridging work between conflicting ideologies.
• A youth ministry that generates affirming, faith-based conversations about sexual and gender identity through educational workshops, retreats and other programs.
• The Parity Awards, an annual recognition program celebrating leaders in the movement toward celebration of faith, sexuality and gender.