New Leaf Foundation
We are a non-profit organization started by a then 16 year old girl from Charlotte, NC named Laura Gennings. Her heart to serve God's children drove her to do something about all the wrong she saw in the world.Our mission is to support, encourage, and hold accountable at-risk members of low income churches by cultivating their offerts to turn over a new leaf in their lives. Already, we've made a huge impact in the lives of hundreds of men, women, and children because of our determination to help people not only get up but stay up on their own two feet and escape the cycle of poverty.
In addition to knowing our mission, it's vitally important to know our mission in the context of our Belief Statements.
- We can do nothing without the indwelling Holy Spirit guiding our thoughts and actions.
- Every donation is a gift from God and will be treated with the respect that God’s money demands.
- To get ahead and stay ahead starts with a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. This is step 1 to recovery. We cannot help someone with steps 2 & 3 if they have not already achieved step 1.
- Crime, prostitution, and gang activity can be greatly diminished by the basic needs of the underprivileged being met. Basic needs include food, shelter, proper clothing, hygiene products, etc.
- The cost of supplying basic needs is far less than the escalating costs of incarceration. Our society can pull together and pay a little now, or ignore the situation and pay much more later.
- The members of the body of Christ should love their neighbors as they love themselves, and serve one another as Christ commanded. Therefore, no believing, serving member of the body should go without the basic necessities of life.
- We will NOT support those looking for a “hand out”. We WILL support those with a “hand up” in praise and prayer to God. We commit to our strict criteria for the families we work with, and to hold them accountable for their actions or inactions.
We want to show the love of Christ to every person we come into contact with, whether they are in need of our services or they are the very people that donate to our cause. Therefore, we are calling for people to join us who share in our mission, beliefs, and vision with the love of Jesus.
If this is an organization that you would like to work with or support, please contact us at email@example.com or sign up for our mailing list at www.newleaffound.org to receive our monthly updates.