The Common Good, Town Halls
The Common Good is a non-profit, non-partisan organization that strives to inspire broad participation in our democracy through the free exchange of ideas and civil dialogue, seeking to help bridge the growing divisions that threaten our nation.
The Common Good Town Halls will carry out our signature forums – smart and lively discussions with national leaders and top participants and with the participation and partnership of the college or university.
- Promoting civil dialog and fact-based, reasoned debate.
- Empowering individuals to "make a difference" in civic and community life.
- Increasing voter registration and actual voting participation.
- Advocacy of issues consistent with TCG principals.
- Encouraging finding common ground, tolerance for other views and open-mindedness.
- Promoting free speech and freedom of expression, guarantee freedom of the press.
- Advocating for good government, reform, accountability, and transparency.
- Advocating for fair elections.
We hope to raise awareness of our mission through a variety of means, with the Town Halls as one of our building blocks. In addition, we will hold public forums in diverse communities around the nation and build outreach through web-enabled technologies and free media.