Mount Madonna School
Mount Madonna School (MMS) is a preschool through 12th grade independent school located on 355 acres overlooking the Monterey Bay, 25 minutes from Gilroy and Watsonville. Founded in 1979, MMS is a nondenominational day school, accredited by the California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS) and Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
Mount Madonna School's Mission:We are a community of learners. We support our students to become caring, self-aware and articulate critical thinkers, who are prepared to meet challenges with perseverance, creativity and integrity. We believe that a meaningful life is characterized by personal achievement and the ability to work effectively with others in service to society.
- Academic achievement made visible by a personal commitment to learning that balances both comprehensive understanding and in-depth inquiry in multiple disciplines.
- The integration of intellectual, emotional, social and creative learning.
- A learning environment that encourages meaningful relationships based on self-acceptance, empathy, and respectful and honest communication.
- The transformative power of immersion in the creative process that includes cognitive learning, teamwork, direct experience, reflection and mutual appreciation.
- A close relationship with nature that inspires experiential learning, a commitment to environmental stewardship and a sense of well-being.