Friends of Sabeel North America, Friends of Peace and Justice in the Holy Land
Friends of Sabeel—North America Mission Statement
Friends of Sabeel—North America (FOSNA) is dedicated to the support of Sabeel, an ecumenical liberation theology movement founded by Palestinian Christians in the Holy Land. As friends of Sabeel, we share its mission to amplify the voice of Palestinian Christians and to work with peace builders of all faiths and convictions who stand with the oppressed and who work for a just peace in Palestine/Israel. FOSNA challenges distortions of the Bible and theologies that lead to violence and racism, including anti-Semitism and Islamophobia, and condemns all acts of violence, whether done by states, individuals or groups. We organize and participate in educational events and nonviolent advocacy campaigns that advance the cause of peace and justice for both Palestinians and Israelis.
FRIENDS OF SABEEL—NORTH AMERICA SUPPORTS:
• the call of Kairos Palestine to end Palestinian suffering
• an end to the Israeli occupation of the state of Palestine, in accordance with international law and United Nations resolutions
• equal rights and access to resources for all inhabitants of the region, based on principles of social, economic, environmental and political justice
• the right of return for Palestinian refugees in accordance with international law and human rights
• an end to policies of the United States government that support and perpetuate the occupation
• active engagement in the campaign for boycott, divestment and sanctions.