Play Your Part
800 Seneca Street
Play Your Part is dedicated to producing captivating theatre while providing a venue for new and classic voices that move our audiences to action, in support of causes that align with our core beliefs.
The whole is greater than the sum of its parts. ~Aristotle
At Play Your Part, we strive to embody this belief with every task we perform.
- PART I: Produce work with uncompromising standards of performance and production, focusing on innovative and creative approaches to storytelling
- PART II: Invest in our people, paying artists and administrators sustainable wages to continue producing the highest quality work possible
- PART III: Inspire action, giving our audience direct access to engaging with local organizations and charities that make a positive impact on the lives of those in our local and global community
Our Season & Vision
Our season will be comprised of three full scale productions, several more intimate events aimed at engaging and activating our theatrical community, audience, and supporters, and a seasonal Gala to celebrate our past season and launch us into the next.
Our full scale productions will include:
- An innovative “retelling” of a classic or contemporary favorite.
- A devised piece, based on a topical issue or idea, chosen by our audience and supporters. These works, inspired by true stories, will explore the moments where vastly different people, cultures, and points of view intersect. We hope to tell provocative and enlightening stories of the often unheard and unseen.
- An original work developed throughout the season by our Playwright in Residence.
Every production will benefit a charitable organization that aligns with one of the focal themes presented. Our season will be rich with workshops, invited dress rehearsals, and other special events to keep our community active and our audiences engaged.
Graphic Design Intern (Internship)
Member of the Board of Directors (Volunteer Opportunity)
Do you work for Play Your Part? Become an administrator